Operations Technician I
|January 10, 2013 - March 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$19.11 to $26.28 per hour|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, FSA, Educ. Assistance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Operations Technician I, under direct supervision, supports the Operations Department with a variety of field duties relating to the installation, operation and maintenance of gas service lines / pipelines within the assigned geographic area.|
|Duties:||1. Inspects the installation of new and replacement gas services and mains.|
2. Stakes service and main locations. Operates leak survey equipment. Assists in collections department when required.
3. Handles customer and contractor inquiries. Maintains appropriate documentation and reports on findings and actions.
4. Assists in the maintenance of gas distribution systems.
5. Adhere to company internal control procedures and financial processes.
6. Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field.
|Qualifications:||• Possession of a high school diploma or successful completion of the General Educational Development Test required, supplemented with college courses or vocational training in drafting, surveying, electrical, circuits wiring or other related field.|
• Knowledge of basic mechanical & electrical principles, preferred
• One to two years of work related experience in surveying or natural gas industry, preferred .
• Good analytical and organizational skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good customer service orientation.
• Good working knowledge of various personal computer business software applications presently used by the Company. Ability to learn new systems or software packages as necessary.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.